Our ethos and values
We have the highest aspirations and believe every member of our academy community can achieve.
DO THE RIGHT THING
We act with integrity, honesty, respect and kindness.
SHOW TEAM SPIRIT
We are a strong team that supports one another to be the best that they can be. Our team is strengthened by our diversity. We celebrate together.
A place to empower dreams!
The Heartlands family will unwaveringly commit to fostering an open and honest culture where mutual respect encourages reflective, inspirational and aspirational people to thrive.
All members of the Heartlands Academy family will:
- Create a safe, supportive and challenging learning environment where everyone is motivated, listened to and trusted to debate and take calculated risks.
- Be lifelong learners that will have a thirst for continued development.
- Be self-confident individuals who recognise and celebrate the success of themselves and others.
- Develop and embed skills for the workplace, build principled leadership techniques and be collaborative team members.
- Have exceptionally high expectations of themselves and others.
- Foster a sense of enjoyment and fascination where learners explore, create and innovate.
- Work in collaboration with the Nechells community to provide better life chances for all.
- Be committed to promoting the fundamental British values of rule of law, democracy, individual liberty and mutual respect.
- Ensure there is no discrimination based on race, religion/belief, gender, gender-reassignment, sexual orientation or disability.
- Embrace a multifaceted and thriving academy wherein all our learners benefit from freedom of choice.
By promoting these values we aim to ensure the personal development of all of our learners.