Could you help a child to read?
Reading is a vital life skill that opens doors for young people.
As a reading volunteer for an E-ACT academy, you could make a real difference to a child in your local area by helping them to develop a lifelong love of reading.
By giving just one to two hours of your time per week, you can help a young person to improve their literacy abilities and develop the skills they need to reach their full potential.
If you would like to make a real difference by becoming a reading volunteer:
- You’ll need to be able to give just one to two hours of your time per week
- You’ll need a good command of spoken and written English
- You don’t need to have any qualifications
- We will need to carry out the necessary background checks
- You’ll take part in training provided by the academy
If you would like to volunteer, or you would like more information, please call 0121 464 5530 or email Midlands@E-ACT.org.uk.