At Heartlands Academy, we offer a lot more than academic excellence. We offer a wide range of activities to all students from all year groups. Enrichment helps students to develop their interests and abilities, provides valuable learning experiences outside their studies, and promotes independence and interpersonal links with students in other years.
Clubs and societies
- Drop-in sessions every day after school for students to develop their skills further.
- Drama club.
- Year 7 and 8 students work towards a junior maths challenge competition.
- Year 9 and 10 students work towards a senior maths challenge competition.
- All Key Stage 3 students participate in ‘World Maths Day’.
- Key Stage 3 students visit the ‘Big Bang Fair’, where they get to experience practical workshops and demonstrations of cutting edge research and exciting job opportunities in mathematics and science.
Modern Foreign Languages
- Cultural cinema club
- Key Stage 3 homework clubs
After school club
Learning Resource Centre
- Open for students at lunchtimes and after school.