Heartlands Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm – safe from bullying, safe from people who could abuse, safe from discrimination or harassment and that we all feel safe in our environment.
If you have any concerns about the welfare of yours or another child please talk to any teacher at the academy, or you can speak directly to a member of the academy’s safeguarding team.
- Headteacher: Miss J Clegg
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr S Hussain
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr R Machin
- Assistant Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs K Kent
- SEND Co-ordinator: Mrs Y Parson
- Deputy SEND Co-ordinator: Ms S Nawaz
- Safeguarding Officer: Mrs J Christie
- Safeguarding Officer: Mrs S Blake
Anonymous concerns can also be raised using TootToot.
- The NSPCC Share Aware campaign has useful facts and advice for parents and carers.
- Think U Know is a set of resources developed by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre.
- Know IT All is a set of resources developed by Childnet International.
As part of our safeguarding arrangements, we have a two-way information sharing agreement in place with West Midlands Police. If you have any queries about the partnership policy, please contact the Principal’s PA via: email@example.com.
First Aid/iHCP Lead and Deputies
|Role||Lead||Deputy 1||Deputy 2|
|First aid lead||Mrs S Blackwell||Mrs S Begum||Mrs S Dobb|
|iHCP Lead||Mrs S Blackwell||Mrs S Begum||Mrs S Dobb|
|iHCP Practitioner||Mrs S Blackwell||Ms J Christie||Mrs S Blake|
Further safeguarding information from the Department for Education: